Makes 2-3 servings
Salmon is a great protein source for your weight loss recipes because in addition to its protein content, it is packed with nutrients, and contains omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 Fatty acids reduce the risk of coronary artery disease and lower blood pressure. Unlike tuna or swordfish salmon is a low-mercury fish, and is safe to eat every day if you want. However, we do suggest that you do not eat the same food every day, it is important to mix up your food choices so you get a broad and inclusive spectrum of vitamins and nutrients.
For this weight loss recipe you are going to want to marinade the salmon in a ziplock bag in the fridge for at least an hour. The longer it marinades the better the flavor, so start the marinade in the morning, and pop it in the oven when you get home.
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce or tamari (gluten free)
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. minced or pureed ginger root
1 pinch dried chili flakes
2-3 skinless wild salmon filets
2-3 tbsp. white sesame seeds
1. Combine garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, chili flakes, and salmon filets in a zip lock bag. Let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Pour sesame seeds onto a plate and spread them into an even layer.
4. Lay salmon fillets face down in the sesame seeds so that they coat the top.
5. Place sesame coated salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Switch the oven to broil for the last minute of cooking to toast the sesame seeds.