Makes 2 servingsPrint
Greek stuffed peppers
2 red bell peppers
½ red onion, minced
8 oz. ground beef
3 oz. feta cheese
6 pitted and chopped kalamata olives
¼ cup chopped parsley, fresh
¼ cup chopped mint leaves
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the tops off of 2 red bell peppers, then scrape out the seeds and white pith. Save the pepper tops and set them aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ½ a small minced red onion, 8 ounces ground beef (90% lean), 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, 6 pitted and chopped kalamata olives, ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley leaves, ¼ cup fresh chopped mint leaves, season with salt and pepper, and stir together so that everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the beef mixture in half and stuff it into the peppers, then place the tops of the peppers back on top.
- Transfer the peppers to a baking sheet or oven-safe skillet, then bake in the preheated oven until the meat is cooked through and the peppers are soft and starting to shrivel, 40 to 45 minutes.