Turkey, Zucchini, and Quinoa Meatballs
1¼ lb. ground organic turkey
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ medium onion, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup grated zucchini
¼ cup chopped Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
¼ tsp. dried chili flakes
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. ground oregano
½ tsp. ground pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 cups tomato sauce (your favorite kind)
9 medium to large butter lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a large baking pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine ground turkey, cooked quinoa, grated onion, garlic, zucchini, parsley, dried chili flakes, soy sauce, oregano, ground pepper and egg. Mix well.
- Roll about 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture between your palms to form meatballs. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, heat the tomato sauce in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Transfer the meatballs into the tomato sauce and gently stir to coat the meatballs.
- Serve 2 meatballs in each lettuce wrap.