Egg Muffins: Diet Recipes for Breakfast To Go
These tasty little egg muffins are packed with protein and healthy fats, and are the perfect quick weight loss recipe for someone looking to lower insulin resistance or leptin resistance. These are also excellent snacks for the busy individual.
*Tip: Make them over the weekend and store them in the fridge for up to one week. They reheat quickly, just pop them in the microwave for 40 seconds or reheat them in the oven. Eat at least 3 muffins for a san franskinny approved breakfast or have one or two as a snack during the day.
12-15 organic eggs
1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 bunch broccoli or broccolini
1/2-pound ground chicken or pork sausage
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin tin cups with extra virgin olive oil or organic butter.
- Cook sausage in a skillet on medium/high heat until browned.
- Sauté scallions, bell pepper and broccolini in 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil for about 5 minutes, until they are just barely cooked through.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl and gently whip eggs. Add the Himalayan salt, black pepper, and other seasonings to taste. We suggest garlic powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Layer sautéed vegetables and sausage in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Add eggs to each muffin cup until they are about 3/4 full.
- Stir each muffin cup slightly with a fork to allow the egg to mix in with the vegetables and meat.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the muffins have risen and are slightly browned. If you stick a toothpick in the middle of the muffin it should come out clean.
Serving size = 1 muffin; Calories = 110; Fat: 6.6g, Saturated fat: 1.9g, Carbohydrates: 11.4g, Sugar: 0.9g, Sodium: 79mg, Protein = 11.2 g,