Weight Loss Shots | Lipo Shots
With the myriad of information about various weight loss shots and Lipo shots available online, it seems wise to consolidate all of the information into one review article where we can discuss all of the ingredients in these injections and compare and contrast them as well.
Many physicians, medical weight loss clinics, Medi-Spas, and other medical professionals have been using these weight loss injections in their practices for decades with fantastic results. The main weight loss shots that we use at san franskinny are Lipo shots and they have very few side effects and the potential for benefit is quite high. Many patients continue these injections for years or even decades for a few good reasons: They are effective for many people, have minimal side effects, and produce such positive change in many patient’s lives.
What does Lipo shot even mean?
Lipo is short for Lipotropic, which means, “fat-burning”. These injections also include B12 as an ingredient that is administered as a shot. Weight loss shots are composed of many vitamins and nutrients that all work synergistically together to increase our metabolism. One could say that they literally help us to burn fat more easily and effortlessly. When used with a sensible, low-glycemic diet, and exercise, the results can be fast and dramatic and without side effects that can come with other weight loss products and supplements. Simply put, these injections help our body increase its metabolism, burn fat and release toxins, all of which results in an overall improvement in the functioning of our body.
What is the difference between B12 Shots, Methyl B12 Shots, MIC Injections and Lipo Shots?
Let’s clarify the naming to start with as B12, Methyl B12, Lipotropic B12 and MIC all sound similar but all have important differences. Later in the post we will cover all of these ingredients and go into more details.
✓ B12 Shot: This is the most generic term and does not tell you what type of B12 you are getting.
✓ MIC Injection: This often includes B12 with the ingredients Methionine, Inositol, and Choline (include hyperlink to text below)
✓ Lipo Shots: This includes B12, MIC, and additional lipotropic nutrients and vitamins.
What are the different types of B12 available in the above Weight Loss Shots?
✓ Cyanocobalamin: This is the least expensive and also often the least effective form of B12. It is inactive and requires several steps to be activated inside the body and it also releases a very low dose of cyanide into your body.
✓ Hydroxycobalamin: This is an inactive form also, however it is easily activated and is long acting. Therefore injections of Hydroxycobalamin tend to last longer than other types of B12 shots.
✓ Methylcobalamin: This is the active form of B12 and therefore for some people may have the most benefit. It is very effective for relieving depression and fatigue and treating B12 Deficiency.
Why Do Some People Need Lipo Shots or Lipo Injections to lose weight?
Weight Loss is very complex as each of us are unique individuals and may have unique reasons for the weight gain in the first place. This is one of the reason’s why it is so confusing for patients, nutritionists, dieticians, and even most physicians. The fact of the matter is, many of us are missing the vitamins for weight loss that are essential to long term weight loss, health, and the feeling of an abundance of energy and vitality. This occurs for many reasons including:
✘ A Diet High in Processed Foods: Highly processed foods are low in vitamins as the vitamins and minerals are lost in the processing of the foods. In the place of the dense nutrients are chemicals, preservatives, and fillers, which just contribute to more weight gain and health problems.
At san franskinny, we believe that the foundation for health and weight loss is a good quality, sensible diet based on fresh vegetables, anti-inflammatory grains, healthy fats and lean protein, with as much organic as possible.
✘ High Stress Lifestyle: Many of us in the U.S. and especially in the Bay Area e are under tremendous daily stress. Without the proper time for daily meditation, daily exercise, fresh air, and 8 hours of deep sleep each night, we are all operating at somewhat of a deficit.
As a consequence of this increased stress on our bodies, we release more of the hormone called Cortisol. This release of cortisol causes us to need more vitamins and minerals. When we are under stress our body actually needs more vitamins to make our machinery function more efficiently.
✘ Excessive Alcohol Consumption leads to a deficiency of almost all B vitamins, which lead to a viscous cycle of craving more alcohol to treat the symptoms caused, by these nutrient deficiencies including anxiety, insomnia, brain fog, and depression.
✘ Poor Digestive Absorption with symptoms such as Constipation, Diarrhea, Bloating, GERD, etc.
✘ Poor Food Supply: Compared to historical records of the vitamin and nutrient contents of food in the 1800’s, we have had an actual drop in the amount of vitamins and minerals in our food supply.
✘ Poor Vitamin Choices on the shelves, vitamins filled with “fillers” and levels of nutrients that look good on the label but aren’t at doses high enough to produce any changes at all.
Why is it Important to Take a Weight Loss Shot vs. a Pill?
A weight loss shot bypasses our Digestive tract and goes directly into our blood stream. A pill that we take by mouth goes to our stomach and our GI Tract, which for many of us, is not working as well as it should be, and that leads to so many unhealthy symptoms, including weight gain.
So if we take a weight loss shot, all of the vitamins that we need are injected directly inside of us. When we take pills, sometimes much of the ingredients actually come out the other end without even being digested! GROSS, I Know!!!
What are the Benefits of Lipo Injections?
Lipo Injections again are a combination of various vitamins and nutrients that work synergistically together to:
✓ Enhance Fat Burning: This is critical because many weight loss programs actually encourage muscle loss due to very low calorie diets that are deficient in adequate vitamins, nutrients, and protein in the diet. At san franskinny, we have a diet, vitamin injections, and exercise modules to encourage fat burning and muscle retention.
✓ Increase Energy: The fat that is burned is used to power the rest of your body including your muscles, organs and brain.
✓ Enhanced Detoxification: This is also critical because most of the major toxins that we are exposed to from pesticides, to xenoestrogens, to plasticides, etc. are all fat-soluble. What does that mean? It means that as we gain weight, especially “fat” weight, these toxins that we eat in our foods, breathe in, etc. now become stored in our fat cells.
During weight loss, as fat is burned and “lost”, these chemicals, pesticides, etc. are released into our blood stream where they can then negatively impact our brain, our kidney, livers, and other organs. So if we want to be very successful with weight loss and to use this process to get as healthy as possible, then detoxification via these nutrients in the Lipo B12 shots is absolutely critical!
✓ Enhanced Cognition and Clarity: Many patients find that the benefit of increased cognition helps them tremendously with weight loss, because as we think more clearly, we make better and better food choices, which of course helps us to stay fit and healthy. In other words, the healthier we are, the better we feel, and the better food choices we make. This is an example of a positive feedback loop.
✓ Enhance Heart Health via B12 and Carnitine. Carnitine is a nutrient that is critical for fueling the furnaces within each of our cells, called the mitochondria. Carnitine acts most powerfully on the cells in our brain and in our hearts and actually makes these cells work more efficiently.
What are the Ingredients in Weight Loss Shots?
We will start with the first three ingredients, which are commonly referred to as MIC Shots:
- M – Methionine: Methionine is an essential amino acid, meaning that we do not make it, but must get it in our diet from protein sources (all amino acids are broken down from proteins). Methionine is a major lipotropic compound in humans. Methionine also helps to deactivate estrogens that would otherwise negatively impact the live, causing blockage of fat metabolism and liver cirrhosis. In other words, Methionine improves our liver health.
- I – Inositol: Inositol helps transport fats in the blood stream that has been mobilized from the fat stores in the body during weight loss . Inositol also aids in redistribution of body fat and helps lower cholesterol levels in the blood. Inositol also participates in the action of serotonin, a neurotransmitter, shown to relieve depression, appetite and mood panic attacks. In this way, inositol often lowers sugar cravings and can therefore act as a mild appetite suppressant
- C – Choline: Choline is an essential nutrient for healthy support of the endocrine, cardiovascular, and liver systems. It works in combination with Inositol for essential fat metabolism. Normal choline production may not be adequate to meet daily metabolic needs, especially during weight loss when there is more body fat to be broken down, therefore supplementation can be helpful.
Lipo Shots: In Addition to B12, and MIC, they include the following ingredients:
- L-Carnitine: Carnitine is an important amino acid that makes fatty acids available to be converted into energy in the mitochondria of each of our cells. It helps convert stored fat into energy that can be used by our brain, heart, etc. It also helps in controlling hypoglycemia, meaning it helps keep our blood sugar stable so that we have fewer cravings for snacks, etc.
- Thiamine: (Vitamin B1): Thiamine is important for converting glucose into energy. Thiamine is particularly low in those who consume alcohol.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): Riboflavin is also primarily involved in energy production, and is critical for proper Mood and Energy levels
- Niacin (Vitamin B3): Niacin helps to convert fats, carbohydrates and alcohol into energy. Niacin has many benefits including lowering anxiety and lowering cholesterol.
- Pantothenic Acid: (Vitamin B5): B5 also is needed to convert fats, carbohydrates and alcohol into energy.
- Pyridoxine: (Vitamin B6): B6 is critical for producing adequate neurotransmitters such as Serotonin as well as for hormone production, energy production, etc. Without adequate B6, many people with have anxiety and depression.
- Methylcobalamin: Vitamin B12
- Leucine: Leucine is an essential amino acid, meaning it is necessary for our bodies to function but we do not produce it. Leucine helps stimulate muscle growth, and has the unique ability to aid in weight loss while protecting against muscle wasting.
- Lidocaine 1%: Lidocaine is an anesthetic added to make these shots virtually painless. Lidocaine has been used safely for many decades.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is critical for our immune system, protein production, among many other functions. Without proper Vitamin C, patients are often fatigued and have recurrent colds and flus.
Why Should I come to san franskinny for Lipo Shots or other Weight Loss Shots San Francisco?
✓ Experience: The physicians at san franskinny have over a decade of experience using Lipo B12 Shots, B12 Shots, and other weight loss shots in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
✓ Superior Quality: Our B12, Methyl B12, Lipo Shots and other weight loss shots are sourced only from the best pharmacies within the US, using the absolute best ingredients available on the market.
✓ Superior Dosing: Our weight loss injections contain the highest concentrations of vitamins and nutrients possible to supply you with all that you need.
✓ (Almost) Painless: Our Lipotropic B12 shots include an anesthetic to take the sting away from the injection.
✓ Low Cost and Affordable: At san franskinny, our mission is to bring the best health care available to the market place at an affordable price.
Common Injection Sites for Weight Loss Shots:
The most common location for weight loss shots include:
Questions? Give us at 510-455-4522
To Schedule your Initial Weight Loss Shot Only Appointment: Click here