Methylcobalamin Injections | Methyl B12 Shots
You’ve probably heard about Methylcobalamin injections, otherwise known as Methyl B12 injections, or Methyl B12 shots. In this article, you’re going to learn about some key factors you NEED to know about Methylcobalamin injections and B12 Shots in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
What is Methylcobalamin?
Methylcobalamin or Methyl B12 is a special type of Vitamin B12 that is water soluble, crosses the blood brain barrier, and works in many various ways throughout your body. It works together with other B Vitamins such as B6 and Folic Acid to optimize the functioning of each cell in your body
What are the Symptoms of Low B12? How do I know if I need Methylcobalamin Injections?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you could safely try methylcobalamin injections and watch to see if your symptoms resolve:
- Numbness in the arms and legs
- Tingling in the arms and legs
- Anemia and Pernicious Anemia
- Neuro-Cognitive Decline
Who is at Risk for Methylcobalamin Deficiency?
- Vegans and Some Vegetarians
- People with Intestinal Diseases that lower nutrient absorption such as Celiac, Crohn’s Disease, or Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- People with a history of Ulcers or GERD
- People with Diabetes
- Anyone over 50 may lose the ability to absorb Vitamin B12 from foods as the natural decline of Stomach Acid declines with Age. As Stomach Acid declines, the ability to digest protein and absorb B12 from protein sources declines as well. This is very common over 50, but also possible at younger ages depending on many variables.
- Anyone who has had Weight Loss or Bariatric Surgery
Benefits of Methylcobalamin Injections | Methyl B12 Shots
✓ Improved Energy
✓ Higher Metabolism and Increased Calorie Burning
✓ Increased Fat Burning
✓ Improved Neuro-Cognition
✓ Improved Mood
✓ Increased Detoxification
✓ Improved Weight Loss
B12 Injection Side Effects
- Methylcobalamin injections could produce minor pain and swelling at the site of injection.
- If you are using excessive amounts of high b12 you could increase your nervousness or anxiety and if this happens, usually lowering the dose will solve this
- Numbness or Tingling
- Red, itchy skin at the injection site
- Serious Side Effects are RARE.
Common B12 Injection Sites:
The most common location for Methyl B12 Shots include the arms and the abdomen.
Final Thoughts on using Methylcobalamin injections | Methyl B12 Shots
Methylcobalamin Injections or Methyl B12 Shots are one of the easiest, safest, and healthiest ways to increase your energy, improve your metabolism, and feel your best. The side effects are minimal, and the benefits are felt quickly for most people.
However, not all B-12 shots are the same and very few doctors know the difference between them. If you want the best quality Methylcobalamin Injections, please insure that your doctor is giving you this and not the lower quality product called Cyanocobalamin. Of course, you can always visit us at San Franskinny and we will happily assist you with all of your vitamin shots and B12 Shot needs.
Feel free to contact San Franskinny today and we will answer all of your questions or if you are ready to book an appointment for your Methylcobalamin Injection, then click the Book Now Button.